I have been coloring this image, and I would love to hear everyone's opinions so far. Pay attention to the purpose of the shot as well. In the animatic the main character is sitting on the box where the sun is highlighting, and the camera zooms out to reveal all of the packages teasing him.Zane did ask me to make some changes to the sky. His idea is to show that the sky is a nice pure blue, and has a mystical type of vibe to it. At least I think that is right, let me know if I am wrong Zane.
Also keep in mind, it is still a very rough interpretation.





I think it looks beautiful so far! I think you do a great job of focusing the audiences attention. Although maybe the color of the ships haul should be a warm grey instead? Because right now the boat itself feels very light and wooden, instead of heavy and metallic. Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteLove the colors! the style is great. keep in mind when your painting you want you view to go right to where the package man is sitting, which is on those boxes. Right now I immediately want to look at the pipe. Im sure this will get corrected when you finish, but i just wanted you to keep that in mind while you rendered the painting.
ReplyDeleteand ps. zane said not to worry about the purple blue colors. i think the green is awesome! plus i photoshoped the sky blue really quick and thought the green was better. keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThanks Matt and Scott. I will definitely take everything you have mentioned into account. And as far as the sky color, the green should be reading as this fog or haze coming over the ship. If that is not clear at the moment, do tell me.
ReplyDeleteLyle the sea fog is so readable, thats what i took from it.
ReplyDeletelooks great,
i agree with matt with the hull of the ship. if he's being teased by the boxes i feel that the ship should be (correct me if i'm wrong anyone) this cold, almost depressing color. The green is fine, it definitely gives off that shipyard, hazy dock kind of feel which is perfect.
ReplyDeleteto heighten the focal point of the person, you may want to consider changing the color of the cargo container behind him and make it contrast a little to bring your attention to him? ..just a passing thought
looks awesome keep it up!